New York State Council on the Arts
NYSCA makes over 2,500 grants each year to arts organizations in every discipline throughout the State. To support local decision making in public arts funding, NYSCA established funding partnerships with arts and cultural organizations covering every county across the state. The Community Arts Partnership administers the following NYSCA grants for Tompkins County
* Decentralization grant for not for profits doing arts & cultural programming
* Artist in Community grant for individual artists doing work in a community setting
* Arts in Education "Local Capacity Building" grant for teacher/teaching artist partnerships
New York Foundation for the Arts
NYFA provides grants, fellowships, fiscal sponsorships, and resources for artists, arts organizations and communities in New York and beyond.
* NYFA Source is the nations largest on-line directory of grants and services
* Artists Fellowships - With major funding from NYSCA, NYFA's Artist Fellowships are awarded on a competitive basis in sixteen disciplines or practices to artists in NYS. The $7000 fellowships in each discipline are available in alternate years.
* Special Opportunity Stipends - small "SOS" grants for career advancement
* Fiscal Sponsorship for artists projects
* NYFA Learning - seminars, webinars, personal consultations and webcasts!
* NYFA Current - biweekly online magazine
* NYFA Classifieds - jobs in the arts
Human Services Coalition of Tompkins County has a great resource page for not for profit boards
Americans for the Arts
Americans for the Arts is the nation's leading nonprofit organization for advocating the advancement of the arts in America.
Arts & Business Council of New York
The Arts & Business Council of New York provides resources and reduces the distinction between arts and business. It serves both the arts and the business communities of New York, with programming in volunteerism, professional development, leadership development, and economic impact.
Fractured Atlas is a non-profit organization that serves a national community of artists and arts organizations, helping them function more effectively as businesses by providing access to funding, education, and more.
Support Center for Nonprofit Management
Consulting and training for not-for-profit organizations.
Volunteer Lawyers For The Arts
VLA delivers pro bono and low cost legal services and information as well as mediation, education and advocacy services for the arts community. VLA Art Law Line. This legal hotline for artists , arts professionals, and arts organizations seeking assistance about their art-related legal questions. The hotline is staffed Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
212•319•ARTS (2787), ext.1
The Chronicle of Philanthropy
The newspaper of the nonprofit world.
The Foundation Center is the nation's leading authority on philanthropy, connecting nonprofits and the grantmakers supporting them to tools they can use and information they can trust. The Center maintains the most comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers and their grants.
Browse the foundation directory, pick a listed foundation, search any foundation's information page or search any foundation's home page.
A comprehensive database of public and private not-for-profit organizations, including community and family foundations. Good resource for Foundation research.
The National Endowment for the Arts
The National Endowment for the Arts is a public agency dedicated to supporting excellence in the arts, both new and established; bringing the arts to all Americans; and providing leadership in arts education. The Endowment is the nation's largest annual funder of the arts.
The Nonprofit Centers Network
An amazing learning site.
The Sparkplug Foundation
supports projects in 3 areas of focus: music, education, grassroots organizing.
The Awesome Foundation
Supporting awesome things in the world
focused on creative ideas and ambitious endeavors
Indiegogo is an international crowdfunding site where anyone can raise money for film, music, art, charity, small businesses, gaming, theater, and more.
A website for donors to make a charitable donation.